Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much $ do you give your parents every month?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfilial View Post
Monthly pay is 4k after cpf. After car loan and personal expenses not much left.

Parents say i dont take from them already thank god liao. Im not married and i live with them.

I dont give them money but i pay for the cable and phone.
If family dinner i pay. Minor things like bread and groceries i will get sometimes.
Feel a bit guilty though but they are working and earn much much more than me.

Parents gave me 200k recently for condo downpayment and i just take care of the loan when its completed.

I guess im lucky....but maybe when i earn more and after they retire I'll start giving them money.
My rich parents offered to help me buy a bigger condo in a better location. I said thanks but no thanks.

I am happy in my OCR condo, its 100% mine and no one can tell me what to do with it. Its important to be independant. Need to avoid any likelihood that they use their $ to make me feel guilty or 'blackmail' me to do the things I don't want to do e.g. visit them every day, make me sell the condo and move in with them, make me attend endless relatives' gatherings, use the condo to one-up against me and accuse me of being ungrateful when there are disagreements ...

Not all parents are 100% selfless and nice and giving.