Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2022, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was one of the part b candidates who passed the exams through my own hard work without any help during the exam, like many others. We had the choice of communicating with each other during the exam, but chose not to because we held on to the integrity of the profession that we were about to join. I would also rather use any extra time to figure out my own answers rather than to seek answers from someone else.

I am naturally disheartened and find it extremely difficult to reconcile with the outcome, that the cheaters have been left unscathed by their dishonest mistakes. This is no way fair to candidates who respect and hold on to the integrity of the profession. If they can cheat and be left unscathed (delaying their call by 6-12 months is nothing), then what makes you think they will not do it again in future? They need to be held to the same standard as the standard which applies to the profession they are entering into. I am afraid those peers of mine, like myself, are mature and capable enough of making our own informed decisions of whether to cheat or to value integrity. I am afraid they are not young teens anymore. They are clearly not fit and proper for the legal profession.

My peers and I would gratefully appreciate any advice on how we can ensure that the cheaters, who clearly show signs of dishonest at such an early stage, are being disbarred from entering into the profession, or at least being named.
TLDR: I want to know which firms are going to have NQ vacancies.