Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2022, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt out teacher View Post
Hi everyone, needed to rant and kinda at the lowest point of my career now. I'm aged 33 this year and has been teaching for 9 years now and I'm still stuck at GEO 3 with a performance grade of almost C every year. The most recent PB I only got a quantum of 1.1 for C grade, it's really demoralizing. I think I am almost hitting the GEO 3 cap for my $5.4k monthly salary...

I really can't see any growth and feel very stagnant. I felt as if the school has already "marked" me and not really providing me any opportunities. I've been a subject coordinator for about 4 years or so but it's still not enough for the school. My school has a huge number of teachers of more than 100 and it's really hard to "stand out" and it involves a lot of politics which I am unwilling to be a part of.

I am considering leaving the service but am afraid that if things turn out not so well after that, I am unable to return to a safety net. But I am also suffering under the leadership and politics of my school that I feel depressed and drag myself to work everyday.

I have 2 young kids aged 9 and 6 so still require high levels of commitment from me to provide a stable income. I can't just quit without a plan... But Dec 2023 I'll get my 10 year Connect Plan so I probably should try to tahan and wait till then....? Sigh.

Anybody has any kind advice for me? Considering a few options:

1) Change to flexi-adjunct + private tuition to supplement?
2) full private tuition like 1-1 or enrichment centres?
3) Try a totally new industry like property agent?

Thank you in advance...
Are you from dip Ed, that's why the progression is slower?