Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Tech Public Sector vs Non FAANG Private Sector
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaeltan View Post
isn't dbs seed 5k fixed?

where did you hear "5.5k right off the bat"?

yeah no one cares about FCH because its not an indication of anything at all. it just means you grinded books and spent your uni semesters studying all day everyday. you can say that you're gifted / talented / high IQ and u didnt spend much time studying but it still doesn't change the fact that no one can verify your claim. it might be some indication of someone who is willing to work hard but im not sure if companies really care.
5.5k is what is reported on the other thread in this forum. I know for sure it was 5k last year, and given the heated tech market I'm not surprised it increased slightly. This has also been corroborated by others who know people who were recently offered.

Also, on IQ, I'd argue otherwise. It does take a certain level of intelligence to get an FCH (at least in STEM). Unfortunately, the stuff that makes you big bucks (outside of tech) is generally soft skills and the ability to suck up to bosses.