Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ah no?
hospital don't recogise it as a suitable post grad qualification and at the polyclinic with a fracgp, mrcgp, Hong kong one one etc, u are on the fp pathway, not the consultant fp pathway which only the m.meders can be on. fyi gdfm put you on the fp pathway.
I think they are the same la, 3 years of training in all cases. but FM has a lot of local contextualisation. I go over to auzzie also blur about their aboriginal health, they come over to sg they know how much of chronic hep b or our social services?
interestingly someone I know who had a fracgp feels that just because there is a word fellow in his qualification, he should be equivalent to the fcfps. very funny and perhaps reeking too much of an ego.. in America, they award diplomas in their board specialities. I really dun think our diploma in dermatology is equivalent to the USA diploma in dermatology lei.
Looks like the mmeders have become very powerful and very protective of their turf.
I think this is good for local mmeders. No more kow tow to the foreign qualifications now.
The difference though is that sg mmeders if they go to other countries they do get some recognition now. So it is easier for sg fam mmeders to go abroad to work. No wonder they put the salary high high otherwise brain drain!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app