Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. In general, if you're just a middling student, Corp pays more, and generally Corp in Singapore pays more than disputes because most international firms are not licensed to do disputes/court work. However, if you're super good at law, it will be disputes.

2. Both schools are likely to say that they are better, but there's practically no diff between local students, you won't be disadvantaged greatly either way.

3. A high % end up working in a non-law field, the attrition rate means that less people stay in law than ppl who leave for another industry.

4. For a newly qualified lawyer, the really bad small Chinatown firms pay around 4k, the better small or midsizes pay 5-6k, the b4 now pays around 7.5k.

5. Comp science is oversaturated and has alot of CECA (and foreign) competition. I guess if you're the cream of the crop, you can go to FAANG jobs and earn more, but in general a normal lawyer will still beat a comp sciencer.
Asker here. Thanks for the reply.

Realistically, just a middling student. Ready to sell my soul studying and grinding to get in and stay in a b4 firm though.

Yeah, if I were to go for comp sci, I would sign on to joint intel / cyberdef. Pay (including anti-bribery bonus) is about $6k take home for fresh ME-4 grads plus the army pays for the degree and, at a certain minimum level of scholarship, pays you full rank pay while you're studying.