Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - is computer science a good choice for a degree?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
??? one sided because I called out your info to be flat out wrong? Huh? it's nothing personal lol just calling it how I see it.

How is this relevant to my argument stance whatsoever?

More YOE = more valid? Why?

Anecdotal evidence is not hard fact.

I could say my friends say the opposite of what you're saying, how is this a valid counter-argument point?

Anyway,

My info is based off cause and yeffect logic. If one goes for a top tier position with high pay like FAANG or large Chinese tech with PIP culture, one needs to constantly upgrade him/herself in fear of being replaced... because these jobs have top talents applying to them, who are willing to take lower pay. ( because the lower pay is still way above average CS pay )

Every other large tech MNC don't care. You want to stay a SWE I for 5 years they don't care, up to you, they're not going to replace you with some fresh talent who will need training / onboarding and cost the company more $$$ than it cost to retain you.

Feel free to debate but stick to point and counter-argue. I don't think using weird analogies like "Business Goldman sach something something" is valid here.

I also agree with GurlInTech

LEAN FIRE is trending in CS, definitely. I will retire by 45, if not sooner. Crypto and easy accessibility to stocks has made life a lot easier. I make 15kish returns from my stock investments every year, that $15k is worth more than me chasing some stupid internal promotion for a crappy 3% bump.

Plenty of my friends into Crypto etc have seen similar gains as well. Tho I suggest sticking to safe-bet tech / fintech stocks. ( Not tesla or meta lol )

Perks of being into tech is WFH, making it easier to farm / build passive income.
Ok bro. Your words and my words . Eventually the thread starter decide what he wants as career

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app