Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - GovTech
Thread: GovTech
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2022, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any advice on how to get promoted?
For my manager, you have to try hard to get promoted. You can demonstrate technical competency by finishing your stories quickly with good quality. Then you volunteer to help others. Can also be things from other roles under the guise of learning and trying out new things. Beyond this, you have to also take the initiative to suggest and implement improvements to the project or process. If volunteers are required for some team or tribe activity, you also go volunteer to show face. This will boost your chance for promotion. Especially at a lower grade. Basically, you need to convince your manager that you zai + got take initiative + high learning agility = can do the job at next grade. Then the show face part is to have the opportunity to meet other team lead and the director and give them a good impression. This is because, after nomination from your manager, your manager also has to discuss with the director and other team lead on who to nominate for promotion from the tribe.

Maybe because it is my first job, I think I tried too hard and now burnout already.