GovTech - Page 137 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

GovTech

Old 15-01-2022, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Really is win liao lor, but if RO ok then ok lor. What to do. Such is life.
Level 1 or 2 make not much difference.

It’s only going to L3, the chapter lead will make the call to endorse

Most bosses will look at level 3, as it’s not easy to hit level 3 without actually doing it.

Old 15-01-2022, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Level 1 or 2 make not much difference.

It’s only going to L3, the chapter lead will make the call to endorse

Most bosses will look at level 3, as it’s not easy to hit level 3 without actually doing it.
This competency thingy is a good start, hopefully this will take up a substantial part of performance grading in future instead of using only boss appraisal which is like based on projects you done for the year. If agency got no “visible” project for you really is suck thumb good game. Every year C/+ also sian no morale no drive.

Old 15-01-2022, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb

Interviewed for Security engineer > offer letter states AIE security > actual job title in the end is Project Manager.

Really kena scam gao gao. Hello HR… LOLOLOL

Old 15-01-2022, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Any advice on how to get promoted?
For my manager, you have to try hard to get promoted. You can demonstrate technical competency by finishing your stories quickly with good quality. Then you volunteer to help others. Can also be things from other roles under the guise of learning and trying out new things. Beyond this, you have to also take the initiative to suggest and implement improvements to the project or process. If volunteers are required for some team or tribe activity, you also go volunteer to show face. This will boost your chance for promotion. Especially at a lower grade. Basically, you need to convince your manager that you zai + got take initiative + high learning agility = can do the job at next grade. Then the show face part is to have the opportunity to meet other team lead and the director and give them a good impression. This is because, after nomination from your manager, your manager also has to discuss with the director and other team lead on who to nominate for promotion from the tribe.

Maybe because it is my first job, I think I tried too hard and now burnout already.
Old 15-01-2022, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
For my manager, you have to try hard to get promoted. You can demonstrate technical competency by finishing your stories quickly with good quality. Then you volunteer to help others. Can also be things from other roles under the guise of learning and trying out new things. Beyond this, you have to also take the initiative to suggest and implement improvements to the project or process. If volunteers are required for some team or tribe activity, you also go volunteer to show face. This will boost your chance for promotion. Especially at a lower grade. Basically, you need to convince your manager that you zai + got take initiative + high learning agility = can do the job at next grade. Then the show face part is to have the opportunity to meet other team lead and the director and give them a good impression. This is because, after nomination from your manager, your manager also has to discuss with the director and other team lead on who to nominate for promotion from the tribe.

Maybe because it is my first job, I think I tried too hard and now burnout already.
Sounds tough, respek your hustle. Who adviced you to do all that? Was it your manager? Did you make it known to your manager at the start that you want to be considered for promotion nomination?
Old 15-01-2022, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

So they try to promote ‘show face’ culture here? Don’t feel so good if everything do got agenda! So faked

Old 15-01-2022, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Thank you for sharing ser
Old 15-01-2022, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

If you can do all those things above, you should be aiming for PSLP rather than just a junior level promotion, which most will receive for average performance after a year or two.
Old 15-01-2022, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Sounds like promoting "Show face" culture, if everyone so busy to show face for Wayang, then who doing the ground works?
Old 15-01-2022, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If you can do all those things above, you should be aiming for PSLP rather than just a junior level promotion, which most will receive for average performance after a year or two.
What's PSLP?