Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im the previous poster above who is a grassroots leader. DCD earn around $7k to $9k if i remember correctly.

It depends la. U prolly wont get retrenched but u wont advance from CM if there is no vacancy. I do know of some incompetent CMEs kena managed out.

That said the amount of useless wayang u are subjected to is crazy. U have to have the same positive mindset as insurance agents and salespple cos of some v demanding residents that u cant just turn away. Then u do the bidding of the ministers and the advisors. Then giving out masks packing stuff etc oso u do.

I see the CMs, CMEs, dcd n cd in my area my heart goes out to them. Work inconsistent hrs, long hrs. They are really positive n upbeat pple. Usually pretty young too.

My CO currently works as DCD in one of the CC. Agreed the salary for DCD is around there as stated above incl the field allowance of about $1500 but the job responsibility is quite tedious and it also depends on which area e.g northeast/southeast etc u work for.
Those area with higher KPI will definitely be more hectic for u. Anyway job progression e.g. from CM to DCD/CD etc depends on your capabilities and vacancies available. Job requires you to be patience as well as being passionate in dealing with public & grassroots volunteers attitudes from all walks of life. Its a norm working in PA CC if u have to work during ungodly hours or hold event during weekends be it whatever post u're holding.