Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Out of business, out of job & out of luck, Need Advice!
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 03:24 PM
fortuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by killharder View Post
i didnt expect anyone to 'rescue' me. That is life.

My personality does not suit direct sales job. I know many will condemn me for not taking a direct sales now but i know i will not sustain beyond 6 mths if I were to take on a sales job. Currently, I am trying to learn shares trading to earn a living although successfully rate is 10% or less. wife supporting family.
You are already down & out, using whatever is remaining of your savings & credit to gamble in stocks is a dumb idea.

Besides realistically how much can you make to sustain monthly living starting from such a low base? If you can somehow gather 20k through borrowings, the best hedge funds in the world average at 25% a year. That’s barely $5k a year, minus interest maybe left $3k or $250 monthly, no way you can survive.

And dun delude yourself you are anywhere near the best in the world, you’ll be lucky to get away with a 20% loss in this kind of market. Not having a job and living off your wife and savings is bad enough, but at least you still can bid your time and look for job. Play shares kena bankrupt or Garnishee order then you really die pain pain!