Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Out of business, out of job & out of luck, Need Advice!
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Millionaire Member

Hermit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by killharder View Post
My personality does not suit direct sales job. I know many will condemn me for not taking a direct sales now but i know i will not sustain beyond 6 mths if I were to take on a sales job. Currently, I am trying to learn shares trading to earn a living.
Hi killharder, believe it or not I get the same reponse from all my friends who were retrenched. Too many years in corporate environment, cannot sell etc etc. Naturally they all take the same paths: more courses to become certified this and certified that. Trade shares, options etc online after a course or two. After 2 or 3 years they come back to square 1 - nowhere. Trading is a dead-end after you lose your savings. Trading. MLM and more courses get you nowhere. Sorry to say it but it is the hard truth. But if you go out to the REAL world and mingle with new colleagues, bosses, customers etc etc, you will find new opportunities. I, personally, also thought I could not sell anything. But when forced, you will be able to sell and after a while it gets easier. If you believe you cannot sell, you can forget about doing business for the rest of your life. Go find an indoor sales job, no need to knock on doors type. No cold calling. Just service customers when they come to your store or showroom or whatever. So your job is to inform them more about the product they are already interested in. Learn to smile and talk cock a bit. Forget your previous job title. Just move ahead. If not sales, other types of jobs are also ok. But just go out there.