Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Out of business, out of job & out of luck, Need Advice!
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

First thing - think positive, I know it is hard because you have faced numerous set-backs since you left your job incl. failed biz, 2 years of unemployment etc..

I feel that since you have already experienced what doing business is like, why dont you bank on that since getting back to the workforce is so hard. Keep your options open.

I agree you should get a taxi licence and probably do it part time (like relief driver?). Meanwhile continue to look for business opportunities that require lower capital. Like CNY pasar malam, flea market, small stalls? Assess what are you good in? What kind of skills can you learn that can turn into profitable biz - like pastry making, if you are good in making pastries, then do a small stall over CNY and also offer over internet and try it out. Low capital and even if you fail, no big misfortune.

from there think big and see if there are biz opportunities available.

Other areas you can consider include property agent, insurance agent which are low barriers of entry but to excel in it is very tough. You need to be very thick skin, never say die, persistent, excellent people skills and always passionate about it to succeed

The ONLY person that can bring you out of this **** is yourself. Convince yourself that you must have a skill, or is willing and able to acquire a skill that you can shine and make a living out of it.. every trade has its scholar (hang hang chu zhuang yuan). David Gan with not much education - look at him, he cut hair until very well to do, he must have gone through a lot of **** but have the determination and skills to do well in his trade. Alot of pple dont like Mark Lee, but look at him, from portraying rubbish bin in comedy shows to now.. he also didnt have a very high education but keeps trying.

I believe as long as you keep walking, no matter how dark it is, there will sure be a path for u. Whether you have to cross the muddy fields faced with unpleasant insects, or a leisure walk, you will still get there as long as you are willing to do it. Good luck!