Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Architect Salary
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Sooty

Talking Let's get our due.

Through the last few threads, I see a pattern.

Fresh grads are getting paid 3 - 4k, and so are experienced architects (non QP) up to 5 year experience possibly getting about 4k. to these people, it's time to talk to your boss for increment, else move. It may be easier to get a whole bunch of employees to seek a joint pay increment, quoting new industry pay standards, there are national wage statistics on Archi fresh grads or by head hunting firms for Singaporean Archi grad pay. Quote these. No employer can risk losing half his machinery. Of course, employers are also undercut by other companies who suppress their own staff, but if you dont protect your own needs, no one else will.

To the previous poster getting 5.2k having 8 years experience and licensed. I say, you are being hugely short changed, because my contemporary having 5 years experience without license is getting 5.5k.

Before we start pitying ourselves and let down this beautiful profession, let's not bow down to economic forces and collectively drive the costs to the client side. Our bosses just got to charge more to survive, and pay us our deserved amount. Loyalty pays, only if it does. Our bosses got to deserve loyalty, and acknowledge our needs. Let's gain back the respect of architects of the old days, back in 80s.

This thread is excellent to benchmark the many different pay scales. If most companies can afford to pay 3.5-4k for a fresh grad, I'm sure they will easily fork out 5k for an unlicensed architect with 3-4 year experience. And at least 6-8k for a licensed architect of 5-8 year exp, especially if he is QP for any projects.