Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I ask if the passing rate for mmed last year higher or lower in view of the covid restrictions? (I heard that they couldn't really get real patients due to covid)
lol, deepavali , so many trolls invaded this space

its a higher % passing last year. the 2 pure physicial examination removed cos cannot close contact but they do have some real patients.
trust me when i say real patient easier....sp can be trained for complicated scenarios ( complicated social background, difficult personality, refusal , ethics stuff etc) but real patient you can't. Furthermore, as they need to find 15-25 patient with the same conditions, reality is you not gonna get MRCP level type of patient with liver cirrhosis, weird type of strokes, weird cardiac murmurs, cerebral palsy etc, so its down to your menopasual lady, copd, asthma, poor DM control , obesity etc, which is our bread and butter anyway.

last year highest pass rate in history, almost 80%. This year i think back to normal liao, only 70 plus made it to clinicals. Quality of candidates seem to be better year by year though. Maybe design harder stations for next year.

anyway, for those taking it this year, halfway through liao. jiayou!