Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Any Arts and Social Sciences Grads here?
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Arts Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
What jobs are you doing now? Worried for my girlfriend who has a psychology degree from NUS.

and no she told me she does not want to be a psychologist because the pay is low.

Psychologists - Virtual Career Fair

A Degree Holder can look forward to a starting salary ranging from $2,000 to $2,400. Those with a post-graduate qualification start from $2,380.

study Masters and get a starting pay of $2,380????
Aiyo..so many things to do. I got 1 fren became SIA pilot recruiter, see stewardess everyday. Another in Civil service college hiring scholars. Another in Oil & Gas as HR. Some in MOE doing research on student development. Some in MCYS helping juvenile delinquents and doing child protection policies. Some stayed as tutors in local unis cos they get to do their Masters FOR FREE. Some working in IMH, which has great monetary potential in my opinion, coz they can get their Masters while working and eventually venture out to set up their own private clinic. Many MNCs also hire management associates regardless of their majors. Your gf should be more worried about her grades and what she wants to do in life, not abt the lack of jobs for Arts grads. Last but not least....I'm a Dealer in a Bank. Cheers to all Arts Grads.