Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2021, 09:02 PM

Lostandconfused is on a distinguished road
Default Career Advice

Just recently started out with RLT in mid-sized firm and feel down on most days as I report direct to the Partner because almost all of the assocs left. Also finding a trend that assocs often leave after 2 years. Feels like I am being tasked to do quite a bit when I am still blur and fresh out of Uni. Also have no assocs that feel available to talk to for help. Work hours are fine, okay with the work but get very anxious when I have to speak with the Partner. I am spoken to in a harsh tone that everything they say goes because they have experience. I know onus is on me to know the file and draft properly but sometimes it feels overwhelming. I understand being spoken to harshly is part of the industry and mind over matter but somedays it gets to me. Along with everything, I have become confused over whether I dislike the firm or liti work in general. Also feel myself becoming easily irritated which is not good on my family as well. Maybe my idea of being on the "same level", collegiate environment, able to exchange ideas and going to work happy is not practical.

Will endure the six months. But feeling very unsettled as to whether to apply for TC elsewhere, go for corp or the legal industry does not have time for me and my feelings. Plus it seems application for TC have all been concluded last year for my cycle. I have failed interviews for the big firms during my cycle. Can call me a strawberry all you want but I hope to get some advice.