Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - OCBC Graduate Talent Programme 2019 (Previously Young Banker)
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think it’s not fair to him to call out as fake news cause he checked LinkedIn and he is probably talking about people seniors from 5 years ago whereas you are talking about 2019 onwards.

So it’s just different periods and it could be that both of you are right.
That is right. Young Banker Programme (YBP) was restructured to Graduate Talent Programme (GTP) in 2018/19. From what I gather online, the programme was extended to 2 years vs. 1 year when it was YBP and all GTs were promoted to Manager at the end of the 2 years. But when it was still YBP, most ops and tech YBs took 2 years to promote from Assistant Manager to Manager after the programme ended and another 2 years to promote from Manager to AVP. Whereas for FO divisions like Corporate Banking and Consumer Financial Services, I couldn't find any YB that took 2 years to promote from Assistant Manager to Manager and another 2 years to promote from Manager to AVP. They took 2 years to promote from Assistant Manager to AVP vs. 4 years for ops and tech. Difference in treatment between FO and BO is stark, not just in terms of promotion but also other areas I heard....