OCBC Graduate Talent Programme 2019 (Previously Young Banker) - Page 91 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




OCBC Graduate Talent Programme 2019 (Previously Young Banker)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #901 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2021, 08:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Based on my LinkedIn stalking, promotion from Associate to Assistant Manager after 1 year seems guaranteed, but from AM to Manager after 1 more year seems guaranteed only for non-ops. Some ops YBs/GTPs take 2 years to get from AM to M. From M to AVP, seems like CFS and GCB also take 1 year, while other divisions take 1-2 years with most ops taking 2 years. So an average CFS/GCB takes 3 years to hit AVP while ops 5 years....
To debunk this fake news:
From 2019 batch onwards, it is guaranteed promotion from associate to assistant manager to manager (including Ops) regardless of division due to change of programme structure. AVP will take another 1-2 years depending on various factors.

Reply With Quote
  #902 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2021, 11:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To debunk this fake news:
From 2019 batch onwards, it is guaranteed promotion from associate to assistant manager to manager (including Ops) regardless of division due to change of programme structure. AVP will take another 1-2 years depending on various factors.
I think itís not fair to him to call out as fake news cause he checked LinkedIn and he is probably talking about people seniors from 5 years ago whereas you are talking about 2019 onwards.

So itís just different periods and it could be that both of you are right.

Reply With Quote
  #903 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 10:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think itís not fair to him to call out as fake news cause he checked LinkedIn and he is probably talking about people seniors from 5 years ago whereas you are talking about 2019 onwards.

So itís just different periods and it could be that both of you are right.
That is right. Young Banker Programme (YBP) was restructured to Graduate Talent Programme (GTP) in 2018/19. From what I gather online, the programme was extended to 2 years vs. 1 year when it was YBP and all GTs were promoted to Manager at the end of the 2 years. But when it was still YBP, most ops and tech YBs took 2 years to promote from Assistant Manager to Manager after the programme ended and another 2 years to promote from Manager to AVP. Whereas for FO divisions like Corporate Banking and Consumer Financial Services, I couldn't find any YB that took 2 years to promote from Assistant Manager to Manager and another 2 years to promote from Manager to AVP. They took 2 years to promote from Assistant Manager to AVP vs. 4 years for ops and tech. Difference in treatment between FO and BO is stark, not just in terms of promotion but also other areas I heard....

Reply With Quote
  #904 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That is right. Young Banker Programme (YBP) was restructured to Graduate Talent Programme (GTP) in 2018/19. From what I gather online, the programme was extended to 2 years vs. 1 year when it was YBP and all GTs were promoted to Manager at the end of the 2 years. But when it was still YBP, most ops and tech YBs took 2 years to promote from Assistant Manager to Manager after the programme ended and another 2 years to promote from Manager to AVP. Whereas for FO divisions like Corporate Banking and Consumer Financial Services, I couldn't find any YB that took 2 years to promote from Assistant Manager to Manager and another 2 years to promote from Manager to AVP. They took 2 years to promote from Assistant Manager to AVP vs. 4 years for ops and tech. Difference in treatment between FO and BO is stark, not just in terms of promotion but also other areas I heard....
Ofc got difference between FO and BO lah. FO usually for cream of the crop. Earn more but the work there is much more stressful. WLB can also be argued to be worse as well (esp in IBD). Not sure for OCBC, but this is definitely the case for foreign banks.

Nevertheless, you will still able to lead a more than comfortable lifestyle in BO. Rmb, not everyone can make >4k after grad. That easily puts you above the 75th percentile of your age group & prolly slightly above the median if you compare across all local degree programmes. High flyers can make VP in 6-8 years, avg performers maybe 7-9 years, lousy maybe stuck at AVP salary ceiling or make VP in ~12 years - so what? Not everyone needs/wants to make 20k or more in their careers.
Reply With Quote
  #905 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 03:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ofc got difference between FO and BO lah. FO usually for cream of the crop. Earn more but the work there is much more stressful. WLB can also be argued to be worse as well (esp in IBD). Not sure for OCBC, but this is definitely the case for foreign banks.

Nevertheless, you will still able to lead a more than comfortable lifestyle in BO. Rmb, not everyone can make >4k after grad. That easily puts you above the 75th percentile of your age group & prolly slightly above the median if you compare across all local degree programmes. High flyers can make VP in 6-8 years, avg performers maybe 7-9 years, lousy maybe stuck at AVP salary ceiling or make VP in ~12 years - so what? Not everyone needs/wants to make 20k or more in their careers.
BO people are legit so pathetic and sad
Reply With Quote
  #906 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 04:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
BO people are legit so pathetic and sad
You in FO meh? HAHAHA
Reply With Quote

  #907 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 06:30 PM
KKK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
BO people are legit so pathetic and sad
I don't understand why you need to talk down to people in BO. Is it your insecurities gnawing at you? This isn't a dick measuring contest so unless you have anything positive or useful to contribute why don't you fk right off?

And no, before you assume I'm from BO, I'm not.
Reply With Quote
  #908 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKK View Post
I don't understand why you need to talk down to people in BO. Is it your insecurities gnawing at you? This isn't a dick measuring contest so unless you have anything positive or useful to contribute why don't you fk right off?

And no, before you assume I'm from BO, I'm not.
Don't pretend like your FO
Reply With Quote
  #909 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2021, 10:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't pretend like your FO
(picks up popcorn ready to see this fight)
Reply With Quote
  #910 (permalink)  
Old 13-08-2021, 12:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To debunk this fake news:
From 2019 batch onwards, it is guaranteed promotion from associate to assistant manager to manager (including Ops) regardless of division due to change of programme structure. AVP will take another 1-2 years depending on various factors.
So the more important question is.. what is the expected pay for an assistant manager, manager and first-year avp assuming second upper honours?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ricecake Income and Jobs 101 16-03-2020 05:10 PM
ocbc associate/fresh talent programme (ops & tech) janlin Income and Jobs 41 14-05-2015 08:05 PM
OCBC Young Bankers Programme hashbrowntime Income and Jobs 0 16-01-2015 05:07 AM
OCBC Young Banker Programs (Group Tech) FreshGraduate Income and Jobs 1 19-03-2014 08:41 AM
OCBC Young Banker Programs FreshGraduate Income and Jobs 1 25-02-2014 07:57 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,702 Replies, 4,223,437 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
943 Replies, 423,092 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,238 Replies, 1,699,956 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,169 Replies, 650,150 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 191,662 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
297 Replies, 267,135 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,281 Replies, 9,341,317 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,402 Replies, 5,696,203 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,227 Replies, 2,909,305 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,865 Replies, 4,180,079 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
423 Replies, 199,822 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,582 Replies, 1,940,456 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,513 Replies, 4,192,682 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
485 Replies, 276,386 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
624 Replies, 437,204 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
492 Replies, 229,050 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,280 Replies, 992,736 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
517 Replies, 551,700 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
106 Replies, 68,360 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
756 Replies, 406,278 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,156 Replies, 1,237,069 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,879 Replies, 11,586,849 Views
ByteDance / TikTok ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 23,795 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,708 Replies, 3,356,685 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
375 Replies, 651,166 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,594 Replies, 876,704 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,239 Replies, 630,660 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,453 Replies, 1,310,009 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,464 Replies, 1,101,822 Views
What are BAND 5 positions -... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,185 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2