Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - are visitors of Salary.sg mostly affluent people?
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Minicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some new grads got some pie in the sky concept about accept low paying jobs just because they like the culture, boss, the job etc. These sort of people when got real problem come & need money, always depend on parents to bail them out. Some got more well to do parents still can help, others not so lucky die pain pain and life just spin downwards.
This reminds me of this lady friend I know from NUS days. While all her peers are busy climbing ladder making money, she insisted on pursuing her passion in street art event organization. The SME event company paid her sh.it 1.8k IIRC with hardly any increment over the years. I know she stay with parents yet never give them money...

I myself told her to wake up idea & really go get a better job cause in Singapore being poor reallly sux. She gave me the usual dreamer story about $$$ not everything and passion more important etc.

Last year she got married and bought house with husband. Her CPF amounts were pathetic, no savings and need to borrow heavily from father in law for house expenses. Now I hear everyday quarrell with hubby, in laws and her own mother over money matters. She told me 3 weeks ago boss dulan with her frequent dissappearance to handle personal matters and sack her.

Now I'm still trying to ask around for a normal fresh grad job for her, but it's hard as companies are skeptical at what she has been doing for last 5 years.