Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey guys Im currently studying in ite, after NS im keen to join aviation. However it seems Covid has affected aviation so much. Anyone keen to share the major changes your company has went thru during this pandemic? For what i heard rolls royce has shut down their assembly if im not wrong, is it permanent or just temporarily?
Aviation industry is very dynamic. One day it booms like hell and another i slumps to the ground. But nonetheless air travel is a very much needed commodity.

Yes no doubt aviation was hit hard, and several airline even closed shop. (eg. Aus tigerair)

Different companies adapt and strategise differently. From paycuts to reshuffling of manpower throughout the company, forced leave, no pay leaves, to even manpower layoffs (for companies which cant really stay afloat with current manpower headcount)

I strongly believe, like most aviation personnel that, one day we will come out stronger. But it is not that soon. Perhaps another 3-5 years? That depends on the worldwide handling of this pandemic.

Anyways, what do you want to be, working in the aviation industry?