Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses - Page 66 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff




Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #651 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 05:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hey guys Im currently studying in ite, after NS im keen to join aviation. However it seems Covid has affected aviation so much. Anyone keen to share the major changes your company has went thru during this pandemic? For what i heard rolls royce has shut down their assembly if im not wrong, is it permanent or just temporarily?

Reply With Quote
  #652 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2021, 08:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey guys Im currently studying in ite, after NS im keen to join aviation. However it seems Covid has affected aviation so much. Anyone keen to share the major changes your company has went thru during this pandemic? For what i heard rolls royce has shut down their assembly if im not wrong, is it permanent or just temporarily?
Aviation industry is very dynamic. One day it booms like hell and another i slumps to the ground. But nonetheless air travel is a very much needed commodity.

Yes no doubt aviation was hit hard, and several airline even closed shop. (eg. Aus tigerair)

Different companies adapt and strategise differently. From paycuts to reshuffling of manpower throughout the company, forced leave, no pay leaves, to even manpower layoffs (for companies which cant really stay afloat with current manpower headcount)

I strongly believe, like most aviation personnel that, one day we will come out stronger. But it is not that soon. Perhaps another 3-5 years? That depends on the worldwide handling of this pandemic.




Anyways, what do you want to be, working in the aviation industry?



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #653 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 12:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Aviation industry is very dynamic. One day it booms like hell and another i slumps to the ground. But nonetheless air travel is a very much needed commodity.

Yes no doubt aviation was hit hard, and several airline even closed shop. (eg. Aus tigerair)

Different companies adapt and strategise differently. From paycuts to reshuffling of manpower throughout the company, forced leave, no pay leaves, to even manpower layoffs (for companies which cant really stay afloat with current manpower headcount)

I strongly believe, like most aviation personnel that, one day we will come out stronger. But it is not that soon. Perhaps another 3-5 years? That depends on the worldwide handling of this pandemic.




Anyways, what do you want to be, working in the aviation industry?






I wanna join siaec as trainee technician but i only have a ite cert as siaec asks for diploma for trainee tech. So maybe i will go for other companies like st aero or saesl.

Btw is anyone working in saesl? Hows the training and bond like? Is it worth to sign for 5 years bond in saesl?

Reply With Quote
  #654 (permalink)  
Old 25-06-2021, 09:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Dont join the Aerospace industry

Hello to all aspiring engineers/technicians

for those who wanna become a aircraft engineer/tech, this is a dying trade. pay is like ****, irregular hours. new modern aircraft like the B787, A350 requires lesser man hours of maintenance as compared to last time. lesser man hours of maintenance means lesser money for companies that deals with maintenance of aircraft. E.g SIAEc.

the path to become a aircraft engineer is a long one. engineer route 3 years plus to train, 5 years bond thereafter. technicians 1 year of training. TBH, technicians no need to train. all train at school all return to school when u go to the field. because most of the senior tech dont even follow the manuals. any tom dick n harry can also do the job. u can ask any worker outside or kid to help u also can finished the job. it is what it is.

i dont want to name the company, this particular company im in SI*** only cares about profit, extremely toxic working environment culture. not a single damn is given to workers welfare. pls avoid at all cost. my passion for aviation is diminished bacause of how this company is treating workers.
Reply With Quote
  #655 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2021, 09:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello to all aspiring engineers/technicians

for those who wanna become a aircraft engineer/tech, this is a dying trade. pay is like ****, irregular hours. new modern aircraft like the B787, A350 requires lesser man hours of maintenance as compared to last time. lesser man hours of maintenance means lesser money for companies that deals with maintenance of aircraft. E.g SIAEc.

the path to become a aircraft engineer is a long one. engineer route 3 years plus to train, 5 years bond thereafter. technicians 1 year of training. TBH, technicians no need to train. all train at school all return to school when u go to the field. because most of the senior tech dont even follow the manuals. any tom dick n harry can also do the job. u can ask any worker outside or kid to help u also can finished the job. it is what it is.

i dont want to name the company, this particular company im in SI*** only cares about profit, extremely toxic working environment culture. not a single damn is given to workers welfare. pls avoid at all cost. my passion for aviation is diminished bacause of how this company is treating workers.
Ditto on what you've mentioned. In S* its worst off for the engineers, 2.5 years +/- to train, 2 years +/- soe, another 1 to 2 years of waiting for the interviews and company authorisation to become an LAE; there is simply too many engineers and too little technicians out there.

For the people who wanted to join as technicians, be prepared to work with people from everywhere around the world, ph, cn, hk, tw, my, pakistan and etc. You will be suffering with them, but the thing is they can go back their homeland and build big mansions and buy a few car, and as for you, your pay cant even afford a bto or get married. Then you will start comparing with your peers from other industry. Majority of the sgreans technician i know left the industry after a few years, so no point wasting your time. Now the semi-con industry is rising, if you want $ go there, if you want passion, it's your choice; but don't complain and compare afterwards and say that there is no equality.

I don't know how it's like in the current GA and ENG sector so I have no say in it.
Reply With Quote
  #656 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2021, 10:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Diploma, St upon attaining LAE, 4.5k??
Where u get that info?

Hmm
It's after 8 years. Not upon attaining LAE get 4.5k, maybe 20 years ago with all the various packages and incentives haha!
Reply With Quote

  #657 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2021, 09:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Has anyone here in aerospace sector has made a career change to a different field? Is it worth to stay in aerospace sector?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #658 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2021, 05:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question part time studies

Hi, i want to study part time degree while working as a technician. Does aviation companies allow us do that? cuz as technicians are required to work rotating shifts.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #659 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just a curiosity anyone working as a LAE in SIAEC able to give a breakdown of hows the training its like during the 44months? I heard the starting pay for trainee is 2500, is there increment every year during the training? Do u have to work shift during the training?
Reply With Quote
  #660 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2021, 04:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just a curiosity anyone working as a LAE in SIAEC able to give a breakdown of hows the training its like during the 44months? I heard the starting pay for trainee is 2500, is there increment every year during the training? Do u have to work shift during the training?
Hi, may i know whats ur main reason for wanting to join this industry?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
aircraft maintenance, lae, siaec

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advise on polytechnic courses jonathan920 Income and Jobs 3 09-07-2010 02:39 PM
More students opt for business courses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 13-06-2007 01:35 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 13,171 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,899 Replies, 2,409,849 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,897 Replies, 4,279,585 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,846 Replies, 1,630,737 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,049 Replies, 1,126,542 Views
Earn your daiy Sgd5,000 from...
0 Replies, 17 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 99,346 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 291,754 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,255 Replies, 7,102,269 Views
Can I serve my notice and put my...
6 Replies, 16,098 Views
career dilemma in 30s ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 12,395 Views
Civil engineering pay
5 Replies, 1,577 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 112,837 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 2,559 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,465 Replies, 4,242,462 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 24,110 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
984 Replies, 706,348 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,037 Replies, 1,628,027 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,809 Replies, 2,369,963 Views
SCDF direct entry lieutenant
8 Replies, 4,486 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
322 Replies, 435,786 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
313 Replies, 295,304 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
451 Replies, 355,711 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 20,595 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 515,598 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority)
9 Replies, 2,570 Views
Best Primary Schools 2021 (by...
0 Replies, 112 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2