Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Would u be keen to pursue a Science & Technology career in the public service? Assuming that your background fits the requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterTots View Post
There are a variety of push factors that make me want to consider a career switch to public service instead.. I think this field that I'm currently in (Investment Bank Back Office) has very little growth prospects / opportunity for career progression and I do see colleagues stuck in the same grade for many years. Hence thinking of switching to the public service where theres a lot more stability and more structured progression.

That said, I also want to make sure I'm remunerated fairly based on the experience I have in the private sector. I'm not desperately trying to change job right now, hence wanted to find out if this package is reasonable in the public service, or if I should try negotiating or apply for other statutory boards instead.

Appreciate if someone can help advise if the package is reasonable for someone with 3 years private sector experience. Thanks!