Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2021, 04:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This forum is a joke.
The troll keeps talking about using his Harvard degree to get into US white shoe.
If you have a Harvard degree and you cannot get into a US white shoe, it means the guy/girl is subpar.

Similarly if you have a Cambridge degree and cannot get into top barrister sets in London, or magic circle in London, it means you are subpar as well.

You compare country to country. Why would a Yale guy bother working in London when he can work in New York. Similarly, why would a Cambridge guy want to work in New York when he is valued in the magic circle in London?

Such fallacious arguments can never come from a lawyer, except non-lawyers who have been rejected by these universities or are out for blood having been rejected by lawyers before etc. It’s very telling when people go their way out to criticise top universities. You also can’t be from Harvard. A self assured Harvard graduate doesn’t need to put down a Cambridge graduate: both are primus inter pares.
I don't think the first and second sentences make sense. I do not think he suggested that. All he is suggesting is that Cambridge means a lot less in the US, which is the centre of the world economy.

I don't think he is suggesting the Cambridge guy move to the US, either.