Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Finance Student Career Advice
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2021, 07:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is bad / wrong advice. You don’t just “do ML” from online courses, without any technical background. The market is highly saturated with people like this (ahem hack wagon). Focus on improving business analyst skill set by communicating with technical folks / project management
Business analyst is not commonly used term in Silicon Valley. Product Manager is totally different skill set than Business Analyst. I dont think Business Analyst will be the future. It is an obsolete role normally used by banks for their IT dept to gather requirements etc. But I dont see how companies moving in that direction. The structure is not encouraging for innovation, and the product normally produced by those structure is barely meet the requirements.

US banks like GS and JPM tries to copy the culture from SV and bring it to their tech team. I can see DBS is trying to emulate the same thing. If you live before 2015, yes business analyst role is relevant but we are moving forward in 2030.

While engineering salary will keep increasing. Saturated is a moronic statement. ML is singapore is still pathetic and the field is still at the early stage.

As more tech MNCs setup their base in Singapore. I wouldnt be surprise to see more roles for freshgrad started at 7k for software engineering role.