Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2021, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fyi, NUS and NTU are not as accepting of diplomas as you think. Every year less than 10 Polytechnic students enter medicine in NUS. I’m not sure if that number as risen, but it definitely has not risen significantly. I also never said that doctoring was like Grey’s Anatomy. It’s bold of you to assume that. Even if my GPA isn’t excellent enough now, it does not mean that my undergraduate GPA would not be for postgraduate medicine. Nonetheless, I would like to thank you for opening my eyes to the toxic side of the medical industry in Singapore.
10 is not bad liao. You must compare Vs how many poly grads who applied right? No certificate of merit no talk la. When I was an engineering undergraduate I had poly COM holder who do tutorial until cry and want to give up after 1st semester. That's the difference in academic standard between diploma holders and A level holders. It's a reality.

Bold of me to assume? Nah. Not bold at all, just knowing from experience only
Toxic? Ya, we suppose to cuddle you and encourage you in your delusions.
Paiseh, I'm not your laopeh nor your saf counsellor. Suck it up dude. 没有料不要骗自己。

I tell u la, when I did post-grad I had a classmate who is a sg boy. Got like ccd at A levels and can't even get into a mainstream undergrad Australia uni. Father is rich and die die want to him to do medicine. So did Australia undergrad then did post grad med.
Did pass but come back sg Internship do 3 years also cannot finish last I heard.
Spend 8 years of his life and probably 500k on school fees and cannot even finish internship in sg.
After that spend another 3 years. 11 years of his life to nought.

I had really good charsiew rice that day at fook kin and I was telling wife, if u had the skill to make this charsiew u will surely be very successful. 俄不死。 Surely u work hard for 11 years , u can also make char siew of this standard.
You want to be a char siew or make good char siew...you think about it.
Free and good advice dun 狗咬吕洞宾,不识好人心. Toxic ? Hardly.