Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorgiHamster View Post
currently FCH from NTU, planning to apply for SgIS scholarship into ST, aiming to do Robotics & AI in ST. Anyone know how much the starting pay today? Heard from career coach is very high now, like mid 4k, but i see people here still burning ST for terrible pay?? very confused now

Just a hearsay. Don't take my words for the truth. On average this is what you will get. Maybe your starting salary can get >=5k, depending on how you manage to negotiate your package. You enter, you realize pay package from FCH from NTU and other universities almost no difference. You come in even if you are a high earner compared to other E5s, need at least 3 years of grade A straight for promotion or 5 years on average before promotion. You will realize you usually are working for someone who doesn't have your interests in play. If your manager is not favored by his/her manager, even worse. You will probably have to tank a lot of nonsense because you are 'FCH' from NTU. Also your career fast-track or not depending on whether your manager want to fast track you or someone he/she prefers.

SGIS is also half-funded by the ministry and half-funded by ST(not sure about the percentages now). This means that assuming you are 4 years NTU program, you have to serve 4 years of work in ST (minimally) for 2 years of funds that ST paid for.

On a personal note, I tried to go to their AI department many times. I was constantly being told that the AI department is not earning money and finding reasons to cut people. I know the person in charge of their AI department previously. Let's just say he wasn't around after October 2020.