Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Verified Member

aimless74 is on a distinguished road

hi unregistered,

thanks for encouragement.
i cant help losing heart as the day goes by as there is no calls from headhunter or job agent (in SGP and in China)

yes i do agree with u on the technical capabilities, these days most R&D software stacks are all reused, not much coding, it is just porting and fixing bugs here and there.

thanks for the tip for interviewing and experience sharing
i am trying to think is it a mid life crisis and is it engineering " time over" or "game over" for me.
trying to search for new greener patch of grass

thanks again!
appreciate it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
don't loose heart, i got a worse start as i got degree in Maths ... came back to find a teaching role and failed... then i found a lowerly paid $2200 contract IT job in 2002 (during dotcom bubble burst)... imagine the horror i have to go thru when i start...

Don't worry about the technical capabilities as that is this is least important. The good product company don't requires brilliant coder (btw no clients don't build from scratch nowsday, it is plug-n-play).. .. 99% of the project is more on your capability to align the business needs to the product capabilities (our main motto: Less is more)......

... the main aspect you need to demostrate during interview is your ability to conceptualise and innovate...

(example: FMCG, Supermarket..etc)....Example: Tesco sells millions of FMCG products from medium-size company Mundella, Dairy Farm.. etc.. a lot of times this smaller companies will need loans to manage their cash flow, bank may view them as high risk. Trade Finance/Risk management comes into play as it is able to measure the monetary values of the deals or trade executed between the group and offer loans to them at minimum risks .... our system is able to demostrate this n the ROI is ....blah blah..

it doesn't mean that you are on the other side of the business, and don't understand how trade financing...