Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2021, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

it's normal for fresh grad who studied like what? 12 years of their life? get good grade and demands success on their first job.

it's only normal to dream big at the start.
but we seniors already old, gone thru like 10 to 20 years of annual performance review by non tech boss who grade u average deny u that promotion and bonus...

u start to lose faith in this industy and find happiness in elsewhere like with ur family, ur kids...

so most of the days i don't even look at my 5.9k salary and compete with all this fresh grad. what i look forward everyday is waking up and be a good day. teach my kids compassion and kindness and hope they lead a happy life...

next year's fresh grad will pick a fight with 2020 fresh grad when they become seniors haha. this cycle never ends.

People with high pay complain long hours no live.
People with low pay complain also long hours no live. and low pay.
People with life complain no pay.

Just go buy lottery and toto la there is higher chance u can win big like that. Than to "fake ur way into tech" for the $$$.

FAANG pay good $ to attract talent. if u can't perform, guess what... you are out...
no job stability. unless my friend who worked in NCS from start and loyal since then.. he is now senior vice president in NCS.

So yes, you nerd techie can dream big and grab that big money la, cause ur brain will start to be less worthy the longer u work...

Word of the wise... climb the senior management role. thats the way to ensure job growth and stability...

tech job is a young man industry. u will be passed over by the fresh grad in 2040 .. trust me.