Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2020, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Exactly, as a doctor I feel we should hold the medical profession to the highest standards possible to maintain the trust of the public.

Slack enforcement of SMC rules and regulations is the reason why cases like senior ex-SGH psychiatrist Chan Herng Nieng and his patient have occured, because junior doctors have already been getting away with breaches of the law since NSF days, further emboldening them to commit future offences. SMC should wake up its idea and start holding these errant doctors accountable.

For the poster who thinks enforcement of a law is double standards, I strongly urge you to reconsider your choice of profession.
Personally the trust/relationship between doctors and patients is long gone.
Patients no longer respect doctors as they used to do (mainly because they are more educated now and think they know better than the doctor). Doctors also don't really trust patients nowadays in view of the recent medical legal cases. My consultant nowadays tell me, before you do /document/promise anything, always think of how the patient can sue you in the future..