Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ah, great that you have a current job while waiting for a new offer.... the wait would have been much more nerve-wrecking otherwise..... all the best! update if you have good news
Hi again, was the poster yesterday but just wanna update that they've finally confirmed me verbally and I'll be going down to sign in the coming weeks. Also want to encourage everyone here not to give up too (I know the feeling too because I've been waiting very long as well, but I'm fortunate to have a job while searching). Hang in there and they should eventually respond especially after the 2nd interview or the initial offer.

Just a brief timeline of my application journey:
Mid of Feb: Applied on portal
End of Mar: Shortlist
Start of Apr: Tech Test
End of May: Interview
Start of June: Test
Start of July: Interview
End of July: Interview and Tech Test
Start of Aug: Initial salary confirmation
Now (Oct): Verbal offer, to sign in coming weeks

I think this process is more or less right for sensitive roles, although I can't be sure as I've yet to enter civil service:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after panel accept. is only approx midway nia.

panel accept > hr prepare G17 (salary package) > AA approval ( PS/CEO) > G50 ( ISD clearance, depending on job type and cat of clearance up to 3 mths) > only after ISD clear then they will proceed to offer.