Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil engineering pay
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you work for a builder (contractor), be prepared to work really hard and with your time tight up at work. I graduated from NTU back in 2018 and joined a builder firm. Working hours are normally 8am-7pm/8am-9pm, 6Days week. Fresh Engineers Paycheck you are looking at about Low-mid 3k.

Suggest you head into Govt agency or change track unless you are willing to slog hard in the line. Industry is saturated with more affordable and ‘less demanding’ foreigners as compared to SG/SGPR thus your paycheck demands might not be justified.

There are few bright sides to the job, it is not desk bound. You get firsthand experience into how the construction industry works. If you meet the right bosses and perform well, you may be groomed to climb the hierarchy.

Nevertheless, it’s all still hard work especially on the builder end. I wish you the best and hustle hard.
Fully agree, being an engineer is never easy, dont be in it if it's for the money.
My personal experience is 8am-7pm daily and most of the time OT because FT all doing OT everyday. No choice.

Tough but at the end of the day, it's work to put rice on the table.