Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Law is a sad dark hole. Why are there specific legal recruiters but not specific doctor recruiters or auditor recruiters? The reality is that the industry is a revolving door rife with attrition faster than you changing your underwear. N legal recruiters capitalise on the revolving door. The more gossip they spread, the more overtures they make, the more commission they get. The unfortunate trend is that they increasingly target young naive students or associates. Why? Hold them captive from young and 1 customer can give maybe 4 times of commissions since possibly will leave to 4 different places.

They should be regulated more. And they should touch their conscience and contribute to addressing the perennial problem with attrition rather than be a vulture and take advantage. Have some code of ethics imposed on them to muzzle them from talking crap about diff firms - one day they bitch about other firms next day they kowtow to these same firms if theres mandate. What perverse lack of conflict interest is this. I have personally encountered recruiters changing allegiance on firms and the names i saw earlier are not unfamiliar to me.
One of the more well reasoned posts so far. Thanks for ranting.