Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends. I know of a few paralegals who are doing the SUSS llb program in my previous firms (in Chinatown) who have had 15+ years of experience and they are easily drawing 9k-10k a month. I am pretty sure they will resume their roles in their current firms and will probably draw even more after they are qualified.
Actually if you read up reports on the market there is a very high demand in private client (including family law, tax, civil liti, conveyancing). To those getting stuck I suggest you can apply to these areas. You will probably have an edge against others (like the newly minted local law school) since you have progressed this far. Career progression is fairly promising as I have peers with 4-5 PQE making partners in the smaller firms and they are actually drawing a salary more than you think. You get to go into the business world at an earlier stage as opposed to getting stuck in big firms. Your salary will depend on how good you are at bringing clients. So, open your minds up a little. There are always many promising opportunities out there if you do more research and get out of the boxed up mindset which society has taught you.