Lawyer Salary - Page 869 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8681 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

is it a bad idea to take up a TC in the corporate department in the near future (say 2022) given the bad economy? are firms less likely to retain corp trainee as opposed to liti trainee (not big 4, smaller firm)

Reply With Quote
  #8682 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eh OP here im from nus dont know who pretend to be me
The troll.
Is ok. But ya - you should tell your seniors you have capacity. Or start sniffing around the firm to see if there are any other partners/teams willing to absorb you (on the low down, pls).

Reply With Quote
  #8683 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 11:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The troll.
Is ok. But ya - you should tell your seniors you have capacity. Or start sniffing around the firm to see if there are any other partners/teams willing to absorb you (on the low down, pls).
Thanks thats helpful



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8684 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 11:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

SUSS mainly trains students for criminal and family law. May I ask what is the projected salary for NQs in this area? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8685 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 12:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SUSS mainly trains students for criminal and family law. May I ask what is the projected salary for NQs in this area? Thanks.
Depends. I know of a few paralegals who are doing the SUSS llb program in my previous firms (in Chinatown) who have had 15+ years of experience and they are easily drawing 9k-10k a month. I am pretty sure they will resume their roles in their current firms and will probably draw even more after they are qualified.
Reply With Quote
  #8686 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 12:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends. I know of a few paralegals who are doing the SUSS llb program in my previous firms (in Chinatown) who have had 15+ years of experience and they are easily drawing 9k-10k a month. I am pretty sure they will resume their roles in their current firms and will probably draw even more after they are qualified.
Actually if you read up reports on the market there is a very high demand in private client (including family law, tax, civil liti, conveyancing). To those getting stuck I suggest you can apply to these areas. You will probably have an edge against others (like the newly minted local law school) since you have progressed this far. Career progression is fairly promising as I have peers with 4-5 PQE making partners in the smaller firms and they are actually drawing a salary more than you think. You get to go into the business world at an earlier stage as opposed to getting stuck in big firms. Your salary will depend on how good you are at bringing clients. So, open your minds up a little. There are always many promising opportunities out there if you do more research and get out of the boxed up mindset which society has taught you.
Reply With Quote

  #8687 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 01:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

is it possible to start your own firm at 5 - 10 PQE and make 300 - 500k/year?
Reply With Quote
  #8688 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 01:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it possible to start your own firm at 5 - 10 PQE and make 300 - 500k/year?
Yes.
Getting clients has everything to do with perception/trust and absolutely nothing to do with competency in the field.
Reply With Quote
  #8689 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 02:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually if you read up reports on the market there is a very high demand in private client (including family law, tax, civil liti, conveyancing). To those getting stuck I suggest you can apply to these areas. You will probably have an edge against others (like the newly minted local law school) since you have progressed this far. Career progression is fairly promising as I have peers with 4-5 PQE making partners in the smaller firms and they are actually drawing a salary more than you think. You get to go into the business world at an earlier stage as opposed to getting stuck in big firms. Your salary will depend on how good you are at bringing clients. So, open your minds up a little. There are always many promising opportunities out there if you do more research and get out of the boxed up mindset which society has taught you.


Great comment, thank you.

To add on, to make the contrast bigger: it's like comparing working in (or owning) a small firm making $10 to $15k but handling only State Court matters and general solicitors' work for the rest of your life (with reasonable hours too) v being an employee of a glam intl firm working on 'glam' deals (and only dealing with other employees who probably won't be as annoying as a private client).
Reply With Quote
  #8690 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes.
Getting clients has everything to do with perception/trust and absolutely nothing to do with competency in the field.
gonna quit and join a two person firm liao
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
258 Replies, 201,673 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,499 Replies, 12,891,152 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,690 Replies, 7,133,797 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,409 Replies, 1,223,173 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,372 Replies, 3,962,009 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,538 Replies, 3,611,971 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
737 Replies, 585,172 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,016 Replies, 5,453,262 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,592 Replies, 2,563,079 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
874 Replies, 466,905 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,278 Replies, 1,160,601 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
831 Replies, 475,673 Views
GIC offer ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 661 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,085 Replies, 2,550,332 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,394 Replies, 10,782,940 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,924 Replies, 1,656,725 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
928 Replies, 447,056 Views
PMO (Prime Minister's Office... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 8,011 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
283 Replies, 406,391 Views
DBS Bank career advancement,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 311,531 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 400,456 Views
AIC Agency of Integrated Care Jobs? ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 15,128 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,041 Replies, 4,887,688 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,942 Replies, 2,988,165 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,469 Replies, 4,974,827 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 109,836 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
4 Replies, 488 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,351 Replies, 696,792 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
498 Replies, 665,840 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2