Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, was wondering how long the big four firms take to get back to TC applicants with regards to interview dates and the TC offers/rejections post-interview. Also wondering what are the partners looking for during the interview, and would appreciate any info, ty
Be honest about what you're looking for, especially if you have not indicated a preference for a team/specialty. Do your homework on the firm you're applying for. I tell the kiddos often that it's not enough to look at the firm website. You should also take the time to look into whether the team you're applying for has had recently published decisions, whether the partner is in any steering committee for any proposed legislation, if they've given any groundbreaking speeches..... you get the gist

Don't be over eager. I would be weary of bosses who want you to swear your life to them on being offered a TC.

If you're asked about yourself - I am generally more interested in candidates who can peak my interest. Not so much about what schools/ccas but about other things you're passionate about and have done in life. It can be as stupid as having an interest in K-pop, kdrama and learning the korean language because of its history. The generic ones i've heard are gyming/reading ect ect and as much as it may be true, it does not spark interest. Also, wrt community service - i don't like it when kiddos do something as part of their school activities and use that as a leg up. Its not.

People say be yourself. I find that to be bad advice. What i will say is that passion, interest and knowledge are things that can easily be faked. Just practice.