Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I advise onlookers here to take the content at this forum here with a pinch of salt and with prudence.

I’m speaking as someone with 3PQE at a big four and I can confidently say that most deals and matters have yet to stop. I’m sure even for smaller firms, they are still being kept busy because honestly deals are still going through. I have however heard that other big fours, even for mine, and many firms are on a hiring freeze mainly because the firms want to hedge the uncertainty of manpower in light of the economic uncertainty. However, my advise is that one should not see this situation as totally grim. There are still teams requiring manpower because work has simply not slowed down in any ways (fortunate or unfortunate, to each their own).

In a broader perspective, I think law is becoming increasingly competitive because economy has slowed down even before COVID. Employability in law is dependent on the general business activities. However, this is not a all-grim situation because there ARE still plenty of opportunities out there for graduates. Whilst I wouldn’t advise my niece/nephews to study law but perhaps computer science, I would still encourage people who are already in the industry to hang tight and continue looking for opportunities. Nothing in this world comes easy.
What about going to KCL?