Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

its even harder after march when CB starts.

my observations during my past mth of job search:
i hate to go thro agency to let them earn commission in return by giving us a low pay. n it dosnt help when many company(even the govt organisation) goes thro agencies these days. many companies are hiring base on a salary range like a newbie range, eg $1.8k -2.2k/so people like us have to take a very slow paycut.

i oso tried looking for temp. for temp i was ok wif low pay since its temp n entry level, but yet agency asked whether i could commt much longer like 6 mths if the company wants to extend. so if you cannot commit on a longer basis, they will not take u too even if its a 3 mth temp job. i oso notice these days, instead of hiring perm staff and giving the staff a 3 mths probation period, company rather hire u as temp for 3 mths, and if want to hire u as perm, then convert u. they can save so much money!

and the temp job can be as low as $8 or even $7.5. its the same rate when i worked temp 20 yrs ago. do u think sg is in deep ****? wif cost of living higher and people earning the same pay after so many yyrs. i wory for the future generation. so i always streess the importance to save(for raining days liike now) or invest whenever u can.