Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Feeling helpless, need advice...
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystarx View Post
Hi,

I am actually interested in IT stuff, like those build a pc for people.. etc also interested in web development or design... i think i have some interest in editing videos too... I have 0 experience in any of these so it’s just “i think” i have interest in them. Not sure if i will get bored of them after i start doing things related to these...

The reason why i did not further studies after O level was because my o level scores wasnt very good and i could not direct entry into any poly. After working for 2 years i tried taking up part time diploma but i could not really work with my classmates well because of my social anxiety and i was having panic attacks when i had to do presentations and group work. I always get so never-ending nervousness when i am around people which is very tiring for me and it did not help that the class was one of “biggest” batch with the most number of people taking up the course so i dropped out.
first of all, u don't need diploma or degree to be good in IT . go google "freecodecamp" , solve problem in "leetcode/hackerrank" , there is bunch of Indian r who teach programming/testing/database knowledge for free, in your free time try out to create some app with NodeJS/Java post it on GitHub etc..

Those are enough to even landed u job on Google if you take and study seriously.

presentation and dealing with people is unfortunately part of life, u cannot keep running away from it just because u don't like it. Practice "correct" meditation, i highlight correct because correct meditation is non-religious meditation, learn to observe your thought, your fear and confront them in meditation. the more u do, the more u will be confident. and gradually, face people, just be natural nice person.