Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2020, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know R&T has an appeals practice group do any other firms have an equivalent? Do they really only do appeals or is it more of a this is what we're known for but we do trials too? Is it considered more prestigious/high calibre to be in the appeals team or do people see it as simply different skill sets? I think US lawyers specialize along this appeals/trials line and there isn't really a prestige difference you could be a damned good trial attorney and wouldn't be passed on in favor of an appeals lawyer but that could be due to their presence of juries at the trial level
I interned there before. I was told that it was set up when CJ Menon was still managing partner at R&T, and it was supposed to be like the US kind of exclusive appellate advocacy. but CJ left shortly after it was formed and lets just say it didnt become what it was supposed to be. they do general commercial liti work and also advisory work for banks. nth glamorous. in fact, compared to the Com Lit dept, they probably go to the SGCA less frequently.