Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2020, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
went through a similar experience, usually paperwork from SB can take quite long, like ard 2 weeks or more from the date of the verbal offer. if you're anxious, you should check with HR how long till you can sign (if you didn't check when they gave u the verbal offer), and also mention you have other offers that you would like to confidently reject, usually HR will understand and try and help - not really requesting an update but more like a clarification.

usually, quite rare for CS/SB to rescind a verbal offer because they likely have gone through the rounds of approval and started the process of your paperwork, so if they rescind they'll have to do more paperwork to justify.
Ahh ok thanks thats more reassuring.

UPDATE: I emailed asking for a timeframe by which I can look forward to signing the contract and starting date. The HR said that they are in the midst of seeking required approval and will get back to me by end of next week. They also said they are flexible in the start date.

Does this reply means that I already got the job and now just waiting for procedural sake such as getting approval etc., to sign the contract? Also, as getting approval could take longer than expected, there is another part-time offer that I'm keen to take up before I sign this SB full-time contract. Since that part-time job is flexible and work in the weekends, do I have to resign from it once I take up the SB offer? Because I heard and know that Civil Servants are not allowed to moonlight. But then I understand that working in SB, means you are a public servant. So are public servants also not sparred from moonlighting?