Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello I'm new to applying directly through the C@G. Since I've always applied through recruitment agency which takes about two weeks from application to interview and to start date. But that depends also the stateboard or ministry in question and also the urgency to fill up the role as mentioned in this thread.

But I digress, most recently I have applied a role in a SB through my careerfuture portal. I applied around late May 2020. The role is tagged under SGUNITED. Was contacted for interview in early June. Interview was last Wed, 10 June.

During the interview, was told that the hiring process could take up 3-4 weeks and that HR would give me a response by end of next week. To my surprise, I received a response on last Friday, 12 June, saying that they decided to proceed with me and gave me a verbal offer and I accepted. They also said that they will be doing up the paperwork.

As of now, I have not received any updates. I've checked on C@G to see if a similar position is there from the SB and also on mycareersfuture portal but there are none. Currently also there are other offers I received from other employers and needs my response. But I'm very keen on this SB. I'll request an update from HR shortly.

Meanwhile, by this stage, do you think the SB would have seriously considered me and wont offer to other candidate? (I understand that many of you said it's only when I have signed the actual contract then its final). And given the timeline of my interview and now, do you think it's too soon to request an update? Thanks!
went through a similar experience, usually paperwork from SB can take quite long, like ard 2 weeks or more from the date of the verbal offer. if you're anxious, you should check with HR how long till you can sign (if you didn't check when they gave u the verbal offer), and also mention you have other offers that you would like to confidently reject, usually HR will understand and try and help - not really requesting an update but more like a clarification.

usually, quite rare for CS/SB to rescind a verbal offer because they likely have gone through the rounds of approval and started the process of your paperwork, so if they rescind they'll have to do more paperwork to justify.