Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Talking about reference checks, what exactly is checked ah when it comes to applying for ministries and sb? Especially for fresh grads with only intern experience. Seems like there’s nothing much to check leh, but was wondering what to expect. Will they only call up the references I provided on my application or will they call up every single employment I listed on my resume for employment verification/character questioning?
Hello! I graduated last year and got a job offer at a ministry and is currently working in the ministry. For me, I listed that I have intern experience, but at the fields to input my references, I only included my Uni profs. So, when HR was doing reference checks, they called me up to get me to provide info abt my intern supervisor, so that they can contact her for reference. Not sure if they did contact my 2 uni profs, but I'm 100% sure that they contacted my intern supervisor as we talked about it after I landed a job offer haha