Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm from NUS, and I graduated last December right before COVID. Not comfortable sharing too much about the rest since I'm not sure if my employer lurks around these forums, but training is mainly for product knowledge + OJT for a support role.

My actual question was if I should negotiate my salary since it was stated on the contract that the upper end of the salary range for the training role is about 3.5k. While I'm not the best NUS graduate available on the market, I'm pretty sure that I'm worth at least more than a 2.2k salary especially since I've even taken on a related role in an internship before and am not entering the job as someone entirely untrained outside of the specific product knowledge.

It's technically not a traineeship, since all I'm learning is the product knowledge rather than a trade (though, honestly, I'm not sure about how you'd define a traineeship ). It's just that they are putting new hires on probation to see how well they can apply the knowledge during their OJT.
Thanks for sharing. Guess you could try negotiating. Not sure if they would be amenable since the contract has already been entered into. I note that this isn't classified as a real "job" too, even though I'm sure you work very hard at it no less.

Good luck anyway, negotiating salary is never an easy thing to do. I started out as a law trainee with a pay of $500 a month several years back. My family had to support me and I felt like the ultimate failure. You already have a better starting point.

I never knew that such traineeships with the public service existed btw.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app