Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Cold calls/emails to HR
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2020, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

Oh please. I'm from HR and I hate my existence. Everyday just entertain all this people asking for higher pay etc. The thing people don't understand is.... HR is not the approving party. We are not the one who decides "let's wait for a few weeks for a better candidate"

The one who decide is the one who interview you. No sorry that's also not true cause they only fill up the form then it need to be approved by the hiring manager then the cost center manaherr. Nerd the boss to approval from finance.

When you ask for 7.5k because you believe you deserve it. Its not HR who decide you should get 7k instead. Rather, the amount have already been decided before hand. Hiring process need to be approved.

So if the department put up a hiring order for someone at 4k...our job as HR is just find out and select the candidate who best match this 4k requirement. If we can get a 7.5k candidate to agree to this 4k. Even better for us.

And on top of that remember... We as HR personnel, we ourselves get admin salary in the range of 3k to 5k
So excuse me if you think a nobody who asking 7.5k want to know whether he got the job... Well... Wait long long or better... Get the hint.
We don't have the energy or resources to call up every single one of the candidate to thank them for their interest but unfortunately we find that you might not be suitable for this role.