Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Engineer to banking
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well said. I always hear these new people come in talk big about being passionate about Finance bla bla, but ask them to do normal jobs in banks, they say "Oh no, I'm talking about the IB, PB type, not the usual ops work".

Why? Because they hear story about big bonus, big pay etc. Ask them what they think makes them so unique and cream of the crop to be able to make the big money and all keep quiet.

Crappy degrees, low class generic MBA, unsuccessful career in some other fields etc. A lot of them don't even qualify as "above average" and the same type are always asking about how to join a field where only the top 0.1% get the jobs.

Please, dream on. And for god's sake grow a brain, you think a real IB who is making 6 figure amount will be so free to advise you in an online forum? Some people.... haiz really duno what to say...
Oh man you hit them on the soft spot. Like I repeated many time in that Barclay thread and some other finance threads. Go ask ppl working in banks whats the environment. I think TS need to seriously wake up his idea that people working in banks = bankers = investment bankers.

For god's sake, TS should go think of some creative business ideas and become the next Mark Zuckerberg. If not just continue working like a donkey till you end up in the grave and hope that when you reborn again, you can get better grades and hopefully be a investment banker.

FYI. There are many ways to b rich, lawyers, dentists, IB are just one way. Other ways include starting own business, forex/shares trading, selling backside or drugs etc. All got its risks, dont assume being an investment bankers is w/o risk coz you will be the first to be retrenched during downturn. Also like what our friend say earlier, investment bankers wouldnt b here typing advice coz they earning millions and they got no time for losers like us hahaha.

(Like I say in another thread can we consolidate such nonsense questions under a sticky thread.)