Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2020, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey everyone, does everyone know the payscale of the AGC as compared to the Big4.

Specifically, alot of seniors in the civil sector claim that their pay is not too different (or even exceeds the Big4 pay in total compensation in the first 3-5 years). Does anyone know if that is true?

What I've heard so far:
- I know the big4 progression will be approximately, 500 part b, 2k trainee, 5.8k NQ, 800-900 every following year till PQE4-5.
- I know that the AGC pays full salary for graduates during part b and TC (meaning 6 months additional salary compared to the 500 part b allowance and 2k trainee honorarium). But what is their pay for a 1st class degree, and what's the pay for a 2nd upper?

Is this accurate?

Also, is the bonus situation very different? I heard that the big4 tends to pay 2 months (on top of the frontloaded bonus) - is the 2months based on the frontloaded salary or the "actual" salary - ergo is it 4k*2 or 6k*2?

For the AGC, is the bonus really about 4months or has that been exaggerated? If anyone can help to create a chart of total compensation for AGC as compared to big4, it would be greatly appreciated!
FCH with NS = 4.8k starting