Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Might be a double post, I forgot whether or not I submitted the reply last night.

Hi, I'm the NUS FCH fresh grad who recently got a job at MCI and has a salary from $3300. I can see you are adamant in not believing me with what you've been posting and saying about me. It's hard for me to prove since I'd just have to show you my contract and my transcript, and I'm not that invested to reveal those. But I just want you to know I'm not here to argue with you, so I hope you won't be so worked up. I'm mostly here just to get an idea as to whether I am an anomaly or this is the new norm due to COVID-19.

What I can say is yes, I do know what is the average for the 75th percentile. I cited the NUS graduate survey and asked for $3800 when negotiating with a private firm who offered $3200, they said no but offered to do a probation period of a few months.

I went to MCI, they offered $3300, people online and offline were advising me to take up the job since the economy was already going downhill and I didn't have the luxury of time to search for a job with a better salary. I was told negotiation is unlikely to do anything since the salaries are pretty standard. With my friends getting their job offers rescinded, I took the ministry job without negotiating.

For the others who aren't so sceptical, do you guys think it's because of COVID-19? I always assumed my salary was that low because of the current climate, but I'm seeing on the other forum pages that some are getting as low as $3.1K despite being second upper.
if that's is the salary they offer, you hardly can negotiate. As you explained, it could be due to Covid19, so be happy that you have a job right now - then jump elsewhere later.