Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 03:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, really considering family med now. Is it oversubscribed now and are fam med physicians likely to run out of job in the future? How does it compare to like radiology or anesthesia? Thanks !
I'd like to second this question, is anyone here in the family medicine residency and can shed some light on what the subscription situation is like? Is it severely oversubscribed?

I am a British UK graduate wanting to train in Family Medicine in Singapore. I have been offered a job as an MO to start in a couple of months. Does anyone know if foreign nationals are accepted into the Family Medicine Residency programme year-on-year? Do you only get accepted if you have full registration with SMC?

Also is the residency programme the only way to be able to work as a GP in Singapore or are there other training methods available?

Finally, if I were to complete GP Training in UK and move to Singapore afterwards, would that be a more viable option? Could I go straight into working as a GP there or would I have to go back to working at MO level in order to get full registration?

Sorry for the multitude of questions but I appreciate any answers! Thanks