Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am currently employed at an entry level grade with stat board A and have received verbal job offers from a ministry and another stat board B.

Both the ministry and stat board B tried to offer me movement policy which I am not so keen as I have 10years of relevant work experience with a local uni degree. Moreover, movement policy would mean an entry level i.e. mx12 for me despite my 10years exp with some relevant industry related certifications beside my basic bachelor degree. It would also take one or two increments for me to hit my current salary ceiling cap.

Is there any way I can get them to consider me as a fresh hire with possibility of appointment at a higher grade e.g. mx11? Few months ago, I had tried to negotiate with another stat board when they offered me the job position under movement policy. After I had declined to move under movement policy with that particular stat board, their HR did not give me any follow up response on the job application outcome.

Hence, would appreciate useful advices here as I would like to move out of my current stat board to a new and possibly better work environment. Thank you.